Blog Sylwii Ignatowskiej

Igielniki

“The Pin Cushions”

W domu istne szaleństwo. Dostałam zielone światło na wymianę mebli w kuchni. Nareszcie. Strasznie długo na to czekałam.

There is state of total chaos in my house currently. I was given the “green light” to remodel my kitchencabinets. Finally. I’ve waited a long time for this.

Jednakże takie przedsięwzięcie związane jest z pewnymi problemami. Wszystkie rzeczy z kuchni zostały przełożone do mojej pracowni. Zajmują każdą dostępną powierzchnię, która jest niedostępna dla królików.

However, an endeavor like this this brings some problems. All of my kitchen things have been temporarily moved into my sewing studio. They occupy every available square inch of space in my studio that is meant to be inaccessible to my rabbits.

Pierwsza szafka już jest jeszcze tylko naście, nowy blat, zlewozmywak i będzie po wszystkim. HA HA. Muszę wierzyć w cuda.

The first kitchen cabinet is here, only a few more minor things to go like the countertop, dishwasher, and it will all be over. HA HA. I have to believe in miracles.

Pogoda się popsuła więc trzeba było coś ze sobą zrobić gdy wszystko w domu było w rozsypce. Postanowiłam, że zrobię sobie igielniki, takie profesjonalne. Miały być trzy ale zabrakło mi lakieru.

The weather is getting worse and worse, so I needed to do something to keep my hands and mind busy while the house was in a state of complete disarray. I decided to make some pin cushions, really professional looking ones. I wanted to make three, but I ran out of nail polish.

Najpierw postanowiłam ozdobić fiiżanki na których będą umieszczone poduszeczki.

First, I decided to decorate the cups on which the pin cushions will be placed.

Do tego celu przygotowałam sobie filiżanki kupione w Ikei (nietrafiony zakup), lakiery do paznokci (zabrałam córce), pojemnik (po pieczarkach) na wodę, wodę (z kranu) oraz wykałaczki.

For this I decided to repurpose cups that I bought from IKEA (a bad purchase), nail polish (borrowed from my daughter), a plastic container (used to have mushrooms), water (from the tap), and toothpicks.

Nalałam do pojemnika (najlepiej jednorazowego) wody, a następnie powolutku zaczęłam wlewać poszczególne lakiery. Najpierw jeden a potem drugi i trzeci.

I poured water into the plastic container (preferably disposable) and then I slowly started to pour in individual nail polishes on the surface of the water. One color after another.

Lakier tylko w niewielkiej ilości opada na dno. Na powierzchni tworzy powłokę, którą zamieszałam delikatnie wykałaczkami tworząc wzorki.

Only a little bit of the nail polish sinks to the bottom. The rest stays at the top and forms a coating, which I stirred gently with the toothpicks to create patterns.

Gdy wzorek był gotowy, zanurzyłam filiżankę w wodzie i powoli wyciągnęłam. Lakier pozostał na filiżance. Następnie powtórzyłam tą czynność na niezabarwionej części filiżanki oraz na spodeczku.

When my design was ready, I dipped the cup into the water and slowly pulled it up. The nail polish stayed on the cup. I repeated this a few times covering the whole coffee cup and the saucer.

Filiżanki schły całą noc. Teoretycznie powinno być po wszystkim ale nie przewidziałam, że są to lakiery hybrydowe i że należy utrwalić je lampą UV. Poszły więc pod lampę. Dodatkowo na koniec zabezpieczyłam je klejem do decoupage.

The cups dried for the whole night. Theoretically it should have been enough, but I forgot that my daughter uses a hybrid nail polish and that they need to go under a UV lamp to dry. So, they went under the lamp. Additionally, at the end, I covered them with decoupage glue.

Gdy filiżanki były gotowe zabrałam się za wieczko do nich. Obrysowałam ołówkiem górę filiżanki na grubej tekturze i wycięłam nożykiem introligatorskim.

When the coffee cups were ready, I started to work on the lid. I traced the top of the coffee cup with a pencil on some thick cardboard and cut the circle out with a utility knife.

Następnie z włókniny wycięłam stosik kółek takiej samej wielkości jak nasze wieczko.

Next, using batting leftovers, I cut a little pile of circles the same size as our lid.

Wybrałam tkaninę która będzie górą naszego igielnika, wycięłam pamiętając aby kółko było większe o jakieś ¾ cm.

I selected the fabric that is supposed to be the top of my pin cushion. While cutting the circle I had toremember that it should be a little bit bigger, about ¾ cm.

Gęsto sfastrygowałam zostawiając z każdej strony niewielką ilość sznurka. Przyda się podczas wiązania.

Using a basting stich and leaving extra thread at the beginning and at the end, I stitched it around. The extra threads will be useful while tying.

Tkaninę nałożyłam na włókninę (wygląda jak czapeczka), a na spód włókniny położyłam wyciętą wcześniej tekturę.

I put the fabric on the batting (it looks like little hat), and on the bottom I pushed in the previously cut cardboard circle.

Nitki ściągnęłam na kartonie i zawiązałam. Zwisające nitki schowałam pod materiał.

 I pulled on the threads and tied them up. I hid the dangling threads under the fabric.

Gotową górę dodatkowo ozdobiłam koronką i koralikami. Gdy góra igielnika była skończona, posmarowałam krawędzie pomalowanej filiżanki szybkoschnącym klejem i nałożyłam go na górę.

Additionally, I decorated the finished top with lace and beads. When the top of the pincushion was finished, I smeared the edges of the painted cup with a quick-drying glue and put it on top.

Tak powstały dwa śliczne igielniki.

This is how  two beautiful pincushions were made.

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany.